Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Social Network Field Trip

My PLN class just got out of the movie The Social Network. We talked about going to see this movie about the social network, Facebook, as a field trip. We thought as a PLN class we should go see a movie that is all about connecting with people, together.

We ended up going to On The Border. Mrs. Miller, Bri, Meghan, JD, Jordan, and I met up at 6:30 for dinner. Then it was off to the movie. All of us, with the exception of Mrs. Miller, went in there not knowing what to expect. Mrs. Miller saw it the week before and said it is really “wordy” but a good movie. I was excited to see it however. I was really curious to see how Facebook really got started.

I ended up loving it! It was so interesting how this little idea turned into a multi-billion dollar company. Mark Zucherberg is a genius I concluded. He coded the whole site on his own. I think the scandal is just because the Winklevoss’s were angry they weren’t the ones who thought of Facebook first. Zucherberg’s ability to talk people into helping him, and the way he talks to the lawyers made me really listen and pay attention. They all talked so fast and so educated. It makes me want to be like them and be more influential with my words as they were in the movie.

I think everyone who has Facebook should go see the The Social Network. It really puts Facebook into perspective for me. It might not be all legit facts, but I think there is some credible information to the movie. I think it is a great story of how it all started, and what Facebook is like to this day. With over 500,000 million users I think Mark Zucherberg deserves to be worth a billion dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment