Monday, October 25, 2010

YouTellYou

YouTellYou is a new web tool we learned about today. It is a social network where you can upload pictures to make it look like a magazine. We were supposed to make a story about a moment in our life that has changed who we are. I made mine on when we got our new house.

My family moved my 8th grade year to Van Meter. We found this really small log cabin, right off of f-90 past Van Meter. We really liked the location, and the view. My parents knew that it wasn't going to be big enough. So we decided to re-model, and make it bigger.
We ended up making it two times bigger. We added two more garages, a third story, and we added on to the side. It took about a year to re-model. It was so worth it, we love our home now.

When the house was finished we were given the option to move schools. Our parents wanted it to be our decision, so we visited Van Meter. We loved it, my brother Evan and I knew that we wanted to go to a small school. Valley was getting to big and we thought we would get more opportunities at a smaller school.

Our parents supported our decision, and we still think to this day that we have made the right decision. If we didn't move in the first place I don't think I would have ever made it to Van Meter Schools. I have learned so much here, and I am glad we moved to Van Meter.

I hope you like my project. If you have any questions about how to use YouTellYou feel free to ask. :)

Here is the link to my full project. http://youtellyou.com/story.php?id=1075

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog on you tell you. I will try that out it sound really fun.

    ReplyDelete